UPDATE 2: Your response has been overwhelming! Thank you so much for your recommendations! At the moment, over 100 churches have been recommended. As I mentioned at the end of this article, I am vetting each one individually, so that will take some time. Thank you for your patience.
UPDATE 1: Folks, I really appreciate all of your recommendations, but I’ve already deleted about half the comments I’ve received so far because the commenter did not include the name of the church and/or the website. I don’t have time to track these things down for multiple recommendations. Please read and follow the directions below. Thanks.
If you’re searching for a new church (rather than wanting to recommend one) click here.
If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I’m passionate about helping people find doctrinally sound churches to join. I’ve recently been updating my list of Reader Recommended Churches, but we can always use more recommendations for doctrinally sound churches, church search engines, and church planting organizations, especially in the states that don’t have very many recommendations and in countries outside the United States. So I’d love it if you’d help out by making a recommendation!
Please read this part before recommending…
Here are the guidelines for submitting a recommendation:
- You must have a personal connection (ex: you’re a member or recent former member, you know the pastor personally, etc.) to the church you’re recommending
- Please check this list to see if the church you’re recommending is already listed. (It takes time for me to weed out recommendations of churches that are already listed.)
- Please check this link to see if the church search engine or church planting organization you’re recommending is already listed. (Read carefully. The Master’s Seminary, Founders, Grace Advance, and several others are already listed.)
- The following types of churches, church search engines, and church planting organizations will not be added to the list (due to doctrinal or other issues)1:
~ United Methodist churches
~ Calvary Chapel churches (continuationist)
~ Continuationist churches
~ Churches that consider Calvinism/Reformed theology to be false teaching
~ KJV Only churches (Churches which consider the King James Version to be the only acceptable and/or inspired translation of the Bible. Churches which merely prefer using the KJV are fine.)
~ Any church that uses music from Bethel, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, Elevation, anyone connected with these groups, Catholics, non-Christians, or any other musician who isn’t doctrinally sound.
~ Any church that does not have a statement of faith (“What we believe,” “Doctrinal statement,” etc..) on its website.
~ Any church that does not have an actual website (a social media page alone is not sufficient).
If the church, church search engine, or church planting organization you’re considering recommending meets the criteria above, I’d love to consider it! Please comment below (it would really help me if I could have all the comments below, in one place, rather than scattered between this article, social media messages, social media comments, and emails) with:
- The full, correctly spelled name of the church, church search engine, or church planting organization
- The city and state, or city and country the church is located in
- The church’s, church search engine’s, or church planting organization’s website. Submissions without websites will not be considered.
Just a reminder – as it says above the comment box, I handle all comments manually, so your comment will not appear immediately. When I add (or decline to add) your church to the list, I’ll post your comment.
I vet every church that’s submitted, so it may take me a while to get to your recommendation. Your patience is appreciated.
Thanks so much for helping your brothers and sisters in Christ find a good, solid church!
1I am not saying any church or person who falls into one of these categories is automatically a heretic, unsaved, or a horrible person/church. These are merely the requirements for a church to be on this particular list because these are the requirements most of the people who use this list are looking for.