Previous Lessons: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Read 1-2 Timothy
Questions to Consider
As we wrap up our study of 1-2 Timothy today, re-read these brief epistles and think about the things God has taught you through His Word.
1. Was there anything new God taught you that particularly impacted you? What was it, and why was it so significant?
2. In what ways is the church today similar to the way it was when Paul wrote these letters to Timothy? In what ways is it different?
3. In what ways do you see churches and pastors today obeying or deviating from the instructions in 1-2 Timothy? How has this affected the church itself and the church’s witness to the lost?
4. Drawing from your study of 1-2 Timothy, make a list of 10 adjectives that should describe the structure (how things operate, how the church is led, orderliness, etc.) of a biblical church.
5. Again, drawing from your study of 1-2 Timothy, make a list of 10 adjectives that should describe the spirit (how church members regard and care for one another, how a pastor is to care for his flock, etc.) of a biblical church.
6. What did you learn from the study that challenges you to be a better member of your church? What are some practical ways you can carry out what you’ve learned?
7. What did you learn about pastors and their responsibilities that can help you encourage, pray for, and help your pastor?
Spend some time in prayer this week asking God to show you how to put into practice one thing you learned from your study of 1-2 Timothy.
Recite all of your memory verses from 1-2 Timothy. Which one is most meaningful to you right now?