Bible studies for women, Bible Study, Biblical Womanhood, Biblical Womanhood Bible Study, Christian Women, christian women bible study, Church, female reformers, Godly woman, Godly Women, Ladies Bible Study, Online Bible Study, Protestant Reformation, Proverbs 31, Reformation Day, Reformers, topical bible studies, topical bible study, women of the reformation, Women Reformers, Women's Bible Study
Happy Reformation Day!
For those of us working through this study in real time*, today is Reformation Day. I recently commended (again) to my readers Rebecca VanDoodewaard’s excellent book, Reformation Women, and I thought, “What better way to celebrate Reformation Day and biblical womanhood than to combine the two?”. So, today, we’re going to take a look at some women in Reformation history and in biblical history who exemplified biblical womanhood by influencing others toward godliness.
(*If you’re behind in your lessons, it’s OK to use this week as a catch up week and save today’s lesson for another day.
*If you’re working through this study or teaching it to a class at a later date you may want to skip this lesson, use it as supplementary or bonus material, or leave it for the end of the study.)
Choose any of the women below and read their stories (click on their names). Then consider the following questions:
1. In what ways did this woman exemplify biblical womanhood in her culture, context, circumstances, family situation, or church?
2. Which godly character traits or Fruit of the Spirit were especially obvious in her life, words, and actions?
3. Which Scripture passages come to mind as you read this woman’s story? In what ways did she live these Scriptures out (or fail to live them out)?
4. Are there any instances of sin in this woman’s story? If so, how can you learn from what she did wrong and avoid this sin in your own life?
5. How does this woman set a godly example that you can apply to your own life?
6. In what ways did this woman point someone to Jesus, serve the Kingdom, or help God’s people?
Women of the Bible
Women of the Reformation
If you’d like to discuss this lesson with other women who are participating in the study, join our Imperishable Beauty Bible Study Discussion Group on Facebook.
Think of some ways you can bloom where God has planted you to serve your family, your church, and the Kingdom as a woman of the modern day Reformation.